Key to Speak and Swallow is a private practice specialising in the assessment and rehabilitation of communication and swallowing difficulties across the lifespan. Our team offers expert knowledge, support and guidance to provide you with individualised programs to suit your needs.
Our Speech Pathologists can help children, adolescents and adults of all ages with a communication or swallowing problem by:
- diagnosing the communication or swallowing condition
- treating the communication or swallowing problem and its impact
- providing education about the difficulty and ways to reduce the impact
- suggesting ways to compensate for the difficulty so that the person can do the activities they enjoy and quality of life can be improved
Areas of Focus:
Swallowing problems may include difficulty chewing, coughing when eating or drinking or food getting stuck in the throat Communication:
- Speech sounds
- Understanding Language
- Using Language
- Literacy (reading and writing)
- Social Skills
Additionally, we can provide in-services and training to enable organisations, carers and other professionals to support our client’s communication and swallowing difficulties to a high standard.
Fees and Charges:
- Self Funding – $77 per ½ hour session; $99 standard sessions
- Medicare/DVA – Bulk billing available to eligible clients – Referrals must be provided by your Doctor
- Private Health Insurance – Please check with your insurance fund to enquire about your eligible rebates. HiCaps is available for gap only payments.
- Alternative Funding Options – Speak with our team regarding other possible funding rebates.