The flu is avoidable, so don’t leave it to luck – act on the facts and stay well. There are many ways you can prevent catching and spreading diseases like the flu. Here are 5 tips from the professional doctors at Gympie Road Medical Centre:
- Vaccination is the best protection against flu.
- Help contain the virus – stay at home if you have the flu-unless you need medical care. Please call us in advance and we will accommodate your medical requirements.
- It takes at least 20 seconds to wash your hands properly.
- Coughing or sneezing into your hand allows germs to spread – use a tissue.
- The flu virus can live outside the human body for a number of hours – dispose of used tissues immediately and wash your hands.
Many of us are familiar with the foggy head, aches and pains of the flu. It’s a disease that is commonly experienced in the colder months of the year but can be caught anytime. A flu vaccine is the best protection against the flu and it’s important to update this vaccine each year, as they wear off after a few months. It’s also important to be vaccinated if you’re in contact with high-risk populations such as babies and children, severely ill persons or the elderly. When you’re ready to prepare for this years’ flu season, talk to us about booking in for a free flu vaccine in the Moreton Bay region including Lawnton, Strathpine and more.